Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Financial Review - May, 2015

May was a poor month for my investments.

Net worth took hit.  Asian equities and Au/NZ equities more or less went sideways in local currency terms, silver nudged slightly lower but FX movements were highly unfavourable. Expenses were moderate.

Here are the details:

1. my Hong Kong/China equity portfolio went sideways. There were no transactions this month;

2. my AU/NZ equities were flat. There were no transactions this month;

3.my equity ETFs went sideways (India, Vietnam, Hong Kong and China) in line with the local markets. There were no new purchases;

4. my commodities fell slightly. Silver is my only position;

5. all tenants are paying on time. We will move into a vacant rental unit while our primary home is undergoing renovation;

6. currency movements were strongly negative with the NZD and the AUD falling sharply;

7. my position in bonds remains small;

8. expenses were moderate.  Expenses next month will be very high as we are about to pull the trigger on our home renovation project;

9.I made a transfer to Mrs Traineeinvestor this month.

My cash position fell. I currently hold 38.7 months of expenses in HKD cash or equivalents. 

For May, my net worth fell by 1.3% - just about all of this was due to currency movements. The year to date increase is 7.41%. 

No comments: