Thursday, October 03, 2013

Last pay cheque received

Yesterday I received my final monthly pay cheque*. It feels a little strange to know that I will no longer receive employment income for the first time since I commenced my career back in January 1990.

The good news is that I am signing off with our household net worth at an all time high, even with property values updated to reflect lower bank valuations and with what is probably an over provision for future tax obligations.

The bad news is that I have made a list of things that need to be done for one reason or another (lots of yellow post-it notes and mental notes consolidated into a list. So far I have thirty-two items ranging from sending old laptops for recycling to converting some ASX listed shares from broker sponsored to issuer sponsored to doing something with a small amount of money sitting in a dormant broker account to updating my will to ..... it's a long list. Add in the MFA and a few other things and I am actually much busier that I expected. Hopefully things will settle down.

* There will be a further adjustment payment in late January or early February of uncertain amount once the firm's full year results are known. It is also possible that I may receive very small token payment for any consultancy work I do between now and the end of 2014.

2 comments:

Victor said...

Congrats on the early retirement!

traineeinvestor said...

Hi

Thanks for dropping by.

Only four days into it, buts so far all is going well.

I hope all is going well with you.

Cheers
traineeinvestor