Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Anhui Express purchased

Having largely taken my eyes off the markets for the last few weeks (work, study, holiday), this week's catching up on my investments and the markets generally was interesting:

1. I am kicking myself for not topping up on silver when the price was below USD20 per oz;

2. some of my companies have released better than expected results: Cosco Pacific, Automotive Holdings, Challenger Financial, CNOOC and Anhui Express in particular stood out. None of the recent results were disappointing;

3. the melt down in the Indian rupee is disappointing and has impacted my balance sheet. Not sure whether I should bail out now or whether things have reached the point where it makes more sense just to ride it out. The case for India's longer term economic growth remains intact (IMHO);

4. the recovery in the price of Xtep (HK: 1368) has been one  of the stand outs. Happy to see one the losers in the portfolio get back to more or less what I paid for them (after adjusting for dividends).

The recent falls in prices has tempted my and I added a few more shares in Anhui Express (HK:995) to the portfolio. This is largely a yield play. I paid HKD4.05 for the additional shares.

No comments: