Monday, March 18, 2013

Financial news detox

I spend too much time following the financial, economic and political news, hanging out at Internet forums etc. Way too much. I also had some non-finance things that needed to be taken care of, some overdue reading to catch up on and a week in New York during which I hoped (when not working) to be spending my time on enjoying one of the world's great cities.

So for the last couple of weeks, I have been limiting my time spent on financial, economic and political websites, news sources and forums. Quite frankly, I don't feel like I have missed anything important. Washington is still playing partisan politics while the future burns, the EU is still asking the German taxpayers to issue blank cheques and the HKSAR government still has no clue how the property market works.

The only two things of any importance that happened (or didn't happen) were (i) CMR (HK:773) has failed to give any updates on its response to the fraud allegations) and (ii) Cyprus will propose a levy on depositors to fund a bank bailout. The former is of more concern to me than the latter.

I should do this more often.

No comments: