Friday, March 12, 2010

A brief visit to New York

My employer sent me to New York for three days on business. Given the logistics and costs of getting to the US from Hong Kong, I added a couple of extra days to the trip to do some sightseeing.

It was well worth it. The highlight was the full day spent in the Metropolitan Museum - one day was all I had and it was not enough. I also went to MOMA (also excellent but very crowded), took in a play on Broadway (A Behanding in Spokane starring Christopher Walken - very funny) and a musical (Mamma Mia - also good fun). I stimulated the local economy by buying some gifts for the children (made in China !).

The procedures on arrival and departure through JFK were quick and efficient. No TSA horror stories to report.

Needless to say, I ate too much (why are the portions in American restaurants so big?).

I'm already plotting how to arrange another trip.

No comments: